Labrador Battery. What’s Left Today?
All that’s left of the Gun Emplacements
Google Street View of the Casemates
ABOVE LEFT: The Oil Store. Supports for the oil tank are in the centre.
>ABOVE RIGHT: The exterior wall of the Power Room.
ABOVE LEFT: the Engine Room Concrete beds for the generators are on the floor.
ABOVE RIGHT: The entrance to the passageway leading to the Magazine.
A Plan of the Magazine
ABOVE LEFT: Inside the passageway.
ABOVE RIGHT: Simulated damage in a Magazine Store Room.
ABOVE LEFT: A Lantern Recess. Evidence of the spiking of the Magazine is visible.
ABOVE RIGHT: probably the Shell Store. A steel safety cage was erected to prevent collapse.
LEFT: An Ammunition Hatch from the 9·2 Inch era at one of the Ammunition Hoists
CENTRE: The wrecked No.2 Ammunition Hoist
RIGHT: Evidence of the Spiking in the Magazine
The Magazine was damaged beyond repair when demolition charges were set off on 13 February 1942. Much clearing up and safety work was required before the Magazines were opened to the public in 2005. Unfortunately, it is currently closed to the public.